There is no denying that it is officially the Christmas season! Thanksgiving is over, Advent has begun, and it’s December. All signs, no matter whose book you’re reading, point to Christmas! That being said, you have no excuse to not start checking those shopping lists off as there are just over 3 weeks left before the big day.
Seeing as this is my first Christmas as a parent, I’ve had to take some time to think about what Piper “wants” for Christmas. As silly as that sounds, I have grandparents asking and we must oblige. Besides, Piper has become a busy little bee who is curious about everything these days, so little toys that allow her to explore her new skills are super fun!
I’ve put together this short list of items/categories that are suitable for babies up to 2 years or so. They’re practical for Mom and Dad, fun for baby, and within a wide range of budgets so you really can’t go wrong!
- Baby Einstein ANYthing | Seriously, you cannot go wrong with Baby Einstein. From play mats to bouncers to light-up toys and DVD’s, this stuff is amazing. All of their toys are colorful and educational and will keep baby’s ever-changing attention span for a solid amount of time. We (read: Piper) LOVE every Baby Einstein product we’ve tried!
- OhJustDandy Bunny Ears Teether | My little bunny has 4 teeth already and wooden teethers have been great for her sore gums! This wooden ring teether (treated with coconut oil) has soft cotton, washable bunny ears that are filled with crinkle paper. So, it’s one part teether, one part toy and all around adorable! $10
- Cahootsie Handmade Turban | Some of my sweet friends started the cuties baby accessory line and I just die for these precious turbans! All of their products are handmade with LOTS of love and include headwear, scarves, bibs, and bow ties for the most darling and dapper little ones! $12 for the Confetti Turban pictured
- Melissa & Doug ANYthing | Once again, you really can’t go wrong with any toys by Melissa & Doug. They’re educational, award-winner, super fun, and there’s something for every age!
- Honest Company Diaper Bundle | Here’s the thing about this gift: it truly keeps on giving. For just $80/month, you get 6 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes. They’re free of harmful ingredients to keep baby’s bum baby soft and are just about the cutest under garments on the market. If you want to be an A+ gift-giver to the parent of a baby, create an account, add your form of payment, and set that puppy to auto-ship every month. Voila!
- Richard Scarry Books | I just about melt each time I read “I am a Bunny” to my little P. She and I both love it! All of Mr. Scarry’s books are adorable and it’s NEVER too early to start reading to your sweet ones.
Once again, these are gifts that Piper (read: she AND her parents) would love to receive! I’d love to hear what my fellow parents have to add to the list!